What does it mean to conflate issues?
Conflation is the merging of two or more sets of information, texts, ideas, opinions, etc., into one, often in error.
What is another word for conflate?
In this page you can discover 15 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for conflate, like: commingle, merge, coalesce, combine, blend, meld, immix, mix, flux, fuse and reify.
Is conflate the same as confuse?
As verbs the difference between conflate and confuse is that conflate is to bring things together and fuse them into a single entity while confuse is to thoroughly mix; to confound; to disorder.
How do you use conflation?
Conflate is a more formal way to say « mix together, » and it’s typically used for texts or ideas. You probably wouldn’t say you conflated the ingredients for a cake, but if you blended two different stories together to make a new one, conflate would work.
What does it mean to conflate two things?
To equate two things means to treat them as equal, while conflate is most often used to describe confusing one thing for another, whether they be similar or not. This is not the original use of conflate, which, until very recently, meant « to fuse or blend » often referring to ideas, or more literally, literary works.
What does Confabulatory mean?
1 : to talk informally : chat. 2 : to hold a discussion : confer. 3 : to fill in gaps in memory by fabrication A major characteristic of brain-damaged patients is the tendency to confabulate—to hide and dissemble about their damage.—
What’s the opposite of conflate?
What is the opposite of conflate?
Is conflate a new word?
So you’re correct that the relative popularity of “conflate” is recent. But, as the preceding paragraph implies, the word itself is not new. In fact, “conflate” first appeared in English way back in the mid-16th century.
What does Combobulation mean?
New Word Suggestion. To put together in order. To bring something out of a state of confusion or disarray.
How do you use Confabulate?
Confabulate in a Sentence 🔉
- Chatty Cathy will confabulate with anyone willing to hold a conversation with her.
- Even though they try to stay quiet during class, the students like to confabulate when they can.
- Guests gathered in the hallway to confabulate about the weather and make small talk.
What is the meaning of conflated?
- Definition of conflate. transitive verb. 1a : to bring together : fuse. b : confuse. 2 : to combine (things, such as two readings of a text) into a composite whole The editor conflated the two texts.
What is the plural of conflate?
- conflate (plural conflates) (biblical criticism) A conflate text, one which conflates multiple version of a text together. What is the adjective for conflate? is that conflate is to bring things together and fuse them into a single entity while confuse is to thoroughly mix; to confound; to disorder.
What is the adjective for conflate?
- is that conflate is to bring things together and fuse them into a single entity while confuse is to thoroughly mix; to confound; to disorder. As a adjective conflate is ( biblical criticism) combining elements from multiple versions of the same text. As a noun conflate is (biblical criticism) a conflate text.